Actually, you are sort of missing something.. dropshipping is part of it..
Also, your cynical deduction of subscription sellers is correct for about 90% of them.
Let me clean the windshield a bit:
1. Dropshipping - A big waste of your time. They look at you as their new niave slave seller. That is actually how they look at it. Why? Because it is a gimmick.. They TELL you that you will make money, but actually you are just fattening THEIR wallets.
2. How to Make Money Websites - 90% of them are worthless. Essentially, they focus on taking your money more than educating you.
I offer a subscription to my website, which coaching, as you are receiving here.. I am the real deal. I will tell you whatever you want to know, period.. Many of
these other gurus are more just looking for sign ups..
ACTUAL WAYS TO MAKE MONEY:
1. This might sound very simple, but I do this ALL THE TIME.. I buy product on eBay in "lots" and sell it on eBay individually. I often buy lots of 50 items and turn around and sell them individually. I can often sell them for 2, 3, 5 and even 10 times what I paid for them.. I buy HALF of my product on eBay.. This is no joke..
2. Use your cynicism. If you see a crook making a ton of money in a certain way, learn from it.. You might think, well that is wrong.. No, its not.. You can learn from anyone.. Learn from the crooks, as they are good at
Think about it.. What makes them a crook? Its not the marketing.. Its what they provide to their customers that makes them a crook.. All you have to do is learn all their methods of selling and provide a good product, instead of a crap one that they provide..
3. Think outside the box.. All you have to do is find the good marketers and learn from them.. Reverse engineer what they are doing.. It doesn't matter if they are crooks or honest Abe. Learn their techniques.. I do this all the time.. I find the people making all the money on eBay and turn around and make my own version of what they are selling and take pointers from their ads.. If they are crooks, I will just sell a better product..
To find the good sellers, you just look at the completed item history on eBay and see who has the most sales
on their auctions..
Do you want to see a killer example?
This dude knows how to sell! Sold about 50 in one auction!!
The idea is to find a product that is selling good on ebay, make your own version, reverse engineer the sales techniques they use and start it up.. Then, trial and error until you are selling good..
Thats how I do it..
OTHER SOURCES FOR PRODUCT:
Quick question, Am I missing something? I have looked for months! For just a dropshipper who has an Ebay wizard, no product restrictions, and great products to feature in my store without having to load inventory in my garage! I have spent countless dollars trying this and that and everything else and I just seem to get NOWHERE! I am hoping that you will help me get started! I am getting so
frustrated and I am seeing where all these guys on the net selling their "memberships" are selling just that, memberships! To what, affiliate programs within their sites so they make even more money off of me? So is that the BIG secret to making money is to have multiple sites with google adsense ads and affiliate programs?
I am disabled due to herniated discs in my back, I used to make 200 grand a year and now my husband is the only one running the business and without me bringing in money, it's starting to get us in a big pinch. All I have been looking for is a way to find a great drop shipper who makes it easy to feature their product, I can load pics and descriptions, sell it and just maintain it every day. Who are these people who say that all they do is check their email, work only 4 hours a day and make all this incredible money? I want to be one of them and help my husband fulfill his
dream of opening an custom air brush shop. Can you really help me do this or am I running into a wall again? I am tired of spending money and getting no where. Like I said, Am I missing something?
O'REILLY: All right, Lis ... I sell bibles in Tarzana, CA. Lenny comes in, & he's got a ... beard. He's wearing a dress ... I have to hire him?
LIS WIEHL: You can't not hire Lenny.
O'REILLY: Yes, but ... Don't you see my business point here? ... the state of Calif .. is forcing me to hire people that may be detrimental to my business.
LIS WIEHL: appearance shouldn't matter. When you're selling bibles.
O'REILLY: Ms. Rivers, you understand ... better than Lis because she went to Harvard Law School, and that disqualifies her from common sense.