A very good eBook topic for eBay selling..
I would do this, if I were you:
1. Look through eBay for those selling related eBooks.
2. Find the ones who have either:
A. The highest price:
B. The most profit (sales x price).
3. List them all in a text document.. Choose which one seems to be the easiest for you to mimic and make a similar type ad.
4. Find an eBook on my website that is similar or the same as the eBook your competitor is selling, OR find an eBook on eBay for a low price that is very similar or the same.
5. Make a killer ad that is as good or better than the competitor who is reaping the big bucks. Reverse engineer his tactics.. Don't copy, just figure out what makes his auction tic..
6. Make your
auction, advertise it the same way.. Likely, you will find that this type of item would sell best either as short normal auctions or at the top of the page featured as a dutch auction.
7. What the results of the first auction you list and do trial and error to improve it.. Figure out what it needs to make more sales..
8. Do this until you are making really good profit off the auction. For instance, if it is a category featured, you will be paying about $25 to $30 to eBay just to list the auction, but since it is a dutch auction (more than one offered), you get say 6 sales on your first auction. You have the price at say $9.95 .. That means you made about $60 bucks and eBay will get $30 of it.. If you tweak the auction and get 10 sales the second or third time around, you are now making $100 per auction and giving eBay $30 of it.. So, $70 net..
9. Once the auction is doing awesome,
you make an identical auction to it, but put it in a different category, with a different title and starting on a different day. Then, you do the trial and error again for this one..
10. Once the second one is going good, you try a third.. And so on..
11. I have done this type of auction since 2001, category featured.. I have items that I have 10 dutch category featured auctions up a week for it.. I get hundreds of sales on these auctions.. So, I know it is possible and works, as I do it all the time.. Speaking from experience, in other words..
Any eBook on investing, making money, saving big money (disney world, flights), gambling, etc they can be category featured..
OF COURSE, there are other ways to sell other than category featured..
There is the 1 day auction trick, which I use.. I put up the item for one day.. If
it is a killer item, it will sell about 30 to 40 percent of time.. Stick up two a day in different categories and you get a sale a day.. I do this on more expensive priced eBooks.. Maybe like a higher valued stock investing eBook that costs $30 bucks.. You have to write a REALLY killer ad for it to work, though..
Richard Moore <email@example.com> wrote:
am intersted in making an e book to do with shares, in regards to criteria
for picking them, stratagies, business plans, good times to enter and exit
etc then selling it on E bay. Would like to incorporate other e books in the
financial/investment field.Any links to recommended sites/ tips would be
realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
O'REILLY: All right, Lis ... I sell bibles in Tarzana, CA. Lenny comes in, & he's got a ... beard. He's wearing a dress ... I have to hire him?
LIS WIEHL: You can't not hire Lenny.
O'REILLY: Yes, but ... Don't you see my business point here? ... the state of Calif .. is forcing me to hire people that may be detrimental to my business.
LIS WIEHL: appearance shouldn't matter. When you're selling bibles.
O'REILLY: Ms. Rivers, you understand ... better than Lis because she went to Harvard Law School, and that disqualifies her from common sense.