I will tell you one secret about eBooks that about 95% of the sellers do not know..
A LITTLE KNOWN FACT:
1. It does not follow that if someone sells at a low price, you have to also.
2. It also does not follow that they will sell more, because they have a lower price.
3. Matter of fact, you could sell MORE then them and make TONS more by putting it at the right price.
Design Solid Ad + Market Correctly + Backup Ad with Solid Price = MAXIMIZED SALES.
I have found that if you can differentiate yourself from the other sellers, selling the very same eBook and put the price at the hightest someone is willing to buy it for (I can show you how to exactly determine this), you will make maximized profit..
To give you an example:
I talked with one guy like a month ago who I was coaching. He was selling a gambling eBook. There are people who will sell it for like 30 cents, like brilliant people. He sold his for $10 BUCKS. It is because, people are perceiving its value to be $10 BUCKS after reading the ad, that they buy.. He was selling about 10 a day.. Thats about $100 A DAY FROM ONE EBOOK.
Yes, this is called higher priced, quality eBook selling..
I will explain, in a sort of compacted form below.. If you do not understand something, just ask.. ALSO, write me if you would like to know how to sell other product also..
Regarding eBooks, I think the key to your success will be to go for quality rather than quantity, with respect to your approach..
These give a crash course in writing very good sales ad copy. These are very effective techniques that I have taken directly from books I have bought on the subject.
1. Find one of the better, more popular, higher priced or potentially higher priced eBook to sell. Whether or not they sell at a high price, try to gage the "value" to the customer, as you can often sell at a high price next to a competitor's low price and STILL get the sale and I will tell you why below.
2. Write a good advertisement per the tutorials above.
3. Brainstorm all the categories.
4. Brainstorm all the keywords.
HOW TO KNOW WHICH EBOOK TO SELL:
* Look for one in the list that seems like someone "might" pay a good chunk of money for AND would seem like many would want it.
* Then, do searches on eBay using related keywords to that eBook. FIRST, do not be shocked if you see it selling for a low price. The key is that they have fallen for the "low price trap" believing no one will buy if its a higher price. Its a bunch of bull. To clearly demonstrate this to you, consider my "Powerseller Coaching" I sold you. There are MANY selling similar products for low prices. But, you bought from me, right? Now, ask yourself, if I would have sold it for $5 bucks to you, would you have thought it was worth anything? Probably not? WHY? Here is the SECRET. Its so simple.. Basically, you write a SOLID AD and then back up the ad with a SOLID PRICE. You build up the value in their mind and meet the value with a price..
I explain the above, below, in more details:
A. Designing a "Solid" Ad using Sales Copy Writing Techniques.
B. Adjusting the price.
C. Expanding and Selecting the Best Categories.
D. Expanding and Selecting the Best Keywords.
"A" is probably the easiest. Basically, use standard sales copy techniques to write your ad. What I did was goto a book store, find a book on writing "sales copy" or "sales ads". Could be one of those "Sales Ad Writing for Dummies" books.. It might take you a full 4+ hours to write a killer ad, but once you are done, you will have to do little editing to it in the future. Just read the book, or skim it, highlight the good stuff and apply it to your ad. I have a "crash course" on my website: http://www.saledaddy.com/memberspro/
if you want to just do the basics..
"B" Is like a lab experiment.. "B" is actually the last thing you do of all the steps.. Basically, figure out A, C and D and then just pick a good B to start out.. Then, over time, maybe every week, try a new price, see how the sales go. ALSO, higher prices sometimes can bring in MORE sales, so never hesitate to try higher prices and lower prices.. The idea is to analyze the "profit" that the prices generate.. The one that generates the highest profit is the one you keep.
"C" and "D" are also rather simple, if you do them correctly. For categories, basically you just do searches for related items and look to the left side menu on the search result page, and it will list all the categories they are listed in. Also, you can just navigate through all the main categories to see which categories throughout all the categories relate to your product.. Generally, you should be able to find a BARE minimum of 3 to 5 categories to list one product in.
For keywords, its simple also, if you know what you are doing.. Basically, one good method is to just open MS Word and just start brainstorming related keywords to your product.. Make sure to think of famous words that relate, including competitor brand names that you can somehow put a word or two of in the title.. So, you can use the Thesaurous on MS Word to give you even more words than the ones you just brainstormed.. THEN, you can go over to Overture's Keyword Suggestion Tool to see how popular the words are and to find other popular words that are related:
Believe it or not, if you just do trial and error with the above, you can easily after a month's time have solid sales and profit on various products you resell over and over..
You have seen some of my products, right? Some of them I have been selling since I started selling on eBay practically! I am STILL selling them for profit!
ALSO, once you have done the above several times over a couple years, you get SO GOOD at it that you practically don't have to do ANY trial and error..
You will have to do a little still, but it is far easier and you can do it sometimes in a week or two's time..
Abel Marketing <email@example.com> wrote:
My name is Irma. I'm writing in reponse to your email. I won one of your coaching auctions.
What I would like to do on Ebay is to make a full time living. I don't have another job, was doing different things on the internet, but some of them have fallen apart.
I've recently started selling ebooks. People are selling ebooks for so low right now on Ebay, you really don't make a lot of money from it.
I don't really care what I sell, as long as it's not illegal or immoral, and makes me money. Could you give me some ideas of what would sell for profit on Ebay? I am having problems finding some good wholesale sources. I saw you are selling some guitars and things on your website, But what I'm looking for is either a dropshipper or wholesaler so that I could actually sell this stuff and make a profit, and a living from this. I see so many people selling stuff for so cheap...I don't know how they do it. Could you please tell me about some of these places, please?
I appreicate your assistance. Thank you.