First, the FTP program is sort of a mediator between your computer and the server. So, its transfer from your computer to server, rather than from your computer to FTP to server..
1. When you open SmartFTP, click on File/New Local Browser.
2. This will pop up your local computer's folders. It should be showing your "My Documents" already.
3. On the right, scroll down until you see your files on your computer that you want to upload to the server. Select it.
4. Now, find where your website is on your server on the left window. Could be something like /home/<your website name>.
5. Once you have it on the right folder for you website, locate the two little arrows pointing both left and right right in the middle of Smart FTP. If you put your mouse over the one pointing to the
left, it should say "Upload". Click this one.
6. You just uploaded the ebook.
Vincent Volpicelli <email@example.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. W. Friday, August 18, 2006
OK here we go again!
First, for security reasons, I have changed my email address. It is now
Second, I have signed onto website space, I
have signed on with the smart FTP program and I have saved my "97 EBay success secrets" ebook to
Now here is the problem:
How do I transfer my ebook from "my documents" to my smart FTP program and then how do I transfer the ebook from the FTP program to my geocities website.
Mr. W. I think if you can show me how to do this, I will be all set.
Remember I told you, I am not very computer literate (SORRY!!!).
Thank You for your attention to this matter.
Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
O'REILLY: All right, Lis ... I sell bibles in Tarzana,
CA. Lenny comes in, & he's got a ... beard. He's wearing a dress ... I have to hire him?
LIS WIEHL: You can't not hire Lenny.
O'REILLY: Yes, but ... Don't you see my business point here? ... the state of Calif .. is forcing me to hire people that may be detrimental to my business.
LIS WIEHL: appearance shouldn't matter. When you're selling bibles.
O'REILLY: Ms. Rivers, you understand ... better than Lis because she went to Harvard Law School, and that disqualifies her from common sense.